Starting Tuesday, April 8, 2014, Twitter will be releasing a new profile design to a small group of users. If you are new to Twitter, you will start with the new profile. In the coming weeks, the new features will be available to everyone.
Here is what you can expect from the changes:
- Best Tweets: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find.
- Pinned Tweet: Pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page, so it’s easy for your followers to see what you’re all about.
- Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
- Profile layout: The new profile features a larger user photo, customizable header image, and a lot more user information.
New image sizes:
- profile image size: 400x400
- header image: 1500x500
The new Twitter profile layout is closely modeled after the Facebook Timeline. Twitter released a few screenshots of high profile users already using the new layout.